So. Day One started off with Bloggers Connect:
Search “Easter Egg” on RETomato.com or click here. Great suggestions about links images and abbreviations. Add it in the title link. Edit Alternate text… <Abbr> add related posts to the bottom of your article…calls to action…ask the expert questions and search for homes… Read it to get the full scoop!
- www.vflyer.com very cool marketing tools…
- cut and paste the code into the sidebar using widgetbox.com.
- Diverse solutions has excellent IDX widgets for your Blog…
The WordPress Plugin:
He had great explanations of My category Order, wordpress.org, Cforms II, Facebook Connect, Akismet, ListingPress (embeds MLS on my web site).
Be engaging, be conversational and add media…post on posterous.com…organizing Facebook friends for coffees! Set meetups offline, Ricardo Bueno and Craig Donato were great examples…promote other people’s content..
Promoting your listings on Facebook:
- Facebook Marketplace: housing…posting is free…fueling conversations. Comment wall…add a new tab.
- Blog.oodle.com newsfeed on Facebook. www.facebook.com/martketplace or www.oodle.com
- Make sure there is Social in Social Media…
- fish where the fish are…should I push my facebook people to my Blog or keep them on Facebook? Keep people in Facebook!
Some Thoughts from Sonia Simone (brilliant): copyblogger.com
- What is it about your brand? What is the hook? It is for relationships and trust!
- Resolve Underlying Objections! I don’t like Real Estate People! I don’t lake Salespeople!
- Write articles and content about barriers…
- Blog is part of a system. You have to be great to compete.. Personal and entertaining…friend and Authority…authority rules,
- cookie content: content is too good to give away…that is where you want to be…
- write your blogs for your consumers not other Realtors…more content geared to your prospect.
- Specialized..communicate toward a perfect customer for your market.
- Who is your perfect customer? Write special reports: Downsizing Gracefully…Write special reports: Getting your paperwork in order to list…
- FAQ really FRO frequently asked objections…
- Email newsletter!! aweber.com, have valuable content to give…is your blog a Ginger or a Maryanne? Use the hit reality show. Read Big Red Fez. Be transparent…
- Closing business in 140 Characters, www.localtweeps.com
- @RealtorTed, twitter how-to’s, username, people connect with people,
- customize the background. Twitbacks.com, twitterpinch.com @cyberhomes…
- fb 140 www. Twables/fb140 : Follow your Facebook friends on Twitter
- twitterlocal.net, www.nearbytweets.com, www.twellowhood.com,
- Become the Trusted advisor: listening, responding, broadcasting.
- Be meaningful! The Tweet Plan: stay on track…make a topic list, identify resources, schedule drips , be spontaneous…google news…
- Hootsuite.comget the Hootlet (amazing)
- Farming Twitter: demandspot.com sign up for RSS feed..very cool Real-Time Lead Generation for Real Estate
- Monitoring and measuring: hootsuite, cligs (helps you understand your traffic), and bit.ly (shortens URLs), tweetbeep ( Twitter Alerts by email) and twilert
MORE Twitter Apps: From the Nicholays
- www.twittelator.com Pro(shares video)
Cutting Edge Tactics for the Wired Agent: Ian Watt, Vancouver BC,
- Outsources a lot of things, google Apps, google docs, Wiki,
- Amanda: altos research consumer-friendly market research. Give your business personality!
- Be compassionate…do what you do best and outsource the rest!
Brad Inman’s Opening Session: more positive…with Morgan Brown
- “cost to rent and cost to buy is getting smaller”
- “absorption rate is going down”
- technology Trends: Trade Off by Kevin Maney (book), the middle ground is a wasteland
- travel agency service coming back… More service…
- look for new opportunities,
- unlocked information,
- social search..
Tools From Morgan Brown:
- www.Issuu.com you are the Publisher
- www.viralheat.com track what people are saying about you
- www.drop.io real-time sharing
- www.jimdo.com create a free website
- www.feedmingle.com create your own Google News
- www.mailchimp.com easy and fun email marketing
- www.screentoaster.com record whatever is on your screen
- www.geochirp.com GeoChirp helps you search for people Twittering for specific things in a specific area
- www.tumblr.com helps you create sites
- www.usertesting.com gives you Feedback about your site
- www.99designs.com allows you to have people bid to design your projects
Read Byte.snack.meal by Nick Bilton www.Bytesnackmeal.com coming out in 2010. Check it out online!
That was the end of Day one and because there was so much information….we will move on to Day Two next…