This post was a big success a couple of years ago so I thought I would repost it. It is so easy and almost flawless!
You know that I love my food, like to cook but am always looking for the easy way, as time is of the essence…well….our favourite Cabbagetown Butcher, Mark Michelin at the St. Jamestown Steak & Chops, has an almost flawless Turkey Recipe, almost a Turnkey Turkey Recipe. I tried it last year and it is almost too simple to believe and produces an amazing result. So here it is!
Turkey in a Bag
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously grease a large brown paper bag inside or out with butter or margarine.
- Stuff the turkey with your favourite stuffing, either bread or rice… mine is a rice pilaf stuffing but any will do… You can also rub the outside of the turkey with some great spices.
- Place the turkey in the bag and tie the bag closed.
- Pour 2-2 1/2 cups of water in the Roasting pan.
- Place the bagged turkey in the roasting pan and cook uncovered(bag acts as a lid).
- No need to baste turkey.
- Cooking Times:
8-10 lbs. 2-2 1/4 hours
12-14 lbs 2 1/2-3 hours
16-18 lbs. 3 1/2-4 hours
20-22 lbs 4 1/2-5 hours
24-26 lbs. 5 1/2-6 hours
Pull the Turkey out of the oven, let it sit for about 15 minutes, carve, serve and enjoy. It will be moist, not dry, and best of all… you will be the star of the Thanksgiving Dinner.
Try it and let us know how it works below. Make sure you visit Mark Michelin at the St. Jamestown Steaks & Chops . He can be found at the south west corner of Winchester and Parliament Street in Cabbagetown and they can supply the meat and all the fixings.