The Good News
Riverdale is home to one of the largest green spaces in the city, Riverdale Park. Just on the edge of Broadview Avenue lies Riverdale Park, with its three baseball diamonds, skating rink, swimming pool, tennis courts, running track, and ton of great spots for families — including a movie night during the summer. It’s 104 acres of beautiful land that edges Riverdale Farm, a municipally operated farm maintained by Toronto Parks.
The Bad News
The only real “bad news” about Riverdale is that it really has been discovered yet in the larger spectrum of Toronto neighbourhoods. That means that this area has remained relatively residential, but is quickly growing in terms of neighbourhood gems, so you won’t have to venture far outside of its borders in the coming years.
Homes, Architecture, and Real Estate
The residential areas of Riverdale consist of mostly Victorian and Edwardian-style houses constructed in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
Driving along the residential streets now, you can see that these older homes have been made into ideal homes for young and growing families in Toronto, with nicely manicured streets.
However, the increase of price tag of the homes these days makes it difficult for some young families to buy in the area unless they’ve owned property in the city already and are relocating to the area.
Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Riverdale Collegiate Institute is the neighbourhood’s local high school, 1094 Gerrard Street E, (416) 393-9820
- Earl Grey Senior Public School is the area’s local middle school, grades 7–8, 100 Strathcona Avenue, (416) 393-9545
- Quest Alternative School, 25 Bain Avenue, (416) 393-9430
- East Alternative School of Toronto, 21 Boultbee Avenue, (416) 393-8442
- Withrow Avenue Junior Public School, 25 Bain Avenue, (416) 393-9440
- Jackman Avenue Junior Public School, 79 Jackman Avenue, (416) 393-9710
- Frankland Community School, 816 Logan Avenue, (416) 393-9720
- Holy Name Catholic School, 690 Carlaw Avenue, (416) 393-5215
- Montcrest School, 4 Montcrest Boulevard, (416) 469-2008
Interested in Riverdale?
We can help you make it home. Click below to build a better search.